A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provide support for the manufacturing and processing of research grade materials (buffers, solutions, cell culture materials), using scientific lab practices, analytical assays, container filling, calibrations of required equipment, aseptic operations and other lab processing according to established protocols and required documentation.
The Manufacturing Tech 3 will utilize chemical formulations and aseptic operations including aseptic processing in a laminar flow hood, clean room gowning and associated PPE. This position will utilize autoclave operation and equipment preparation for sterilization. The employee will use precision pumps and perform calibrations as well as the use of both manual and automated pipettes. This position utilizes sterile filtration and pump usage. Operate and maintain automated equipment required for the finalization of manufactured materials associated with departmental product line. This will be an extremely fast paced, high throughput manufacturing environment. There will be both large, and small- scale manufacturing with constant focus on safety and quality. The employee will acquire DEA clearance to work with regulated materials. The utilization of Good Documentation Practices, coupled with deviation free processes, is critical in operations as department is involved in routine customer and in-house audits.
Lab responsibilities include the transporting of chemicals and equipment to and from processing areas, cleaning and set up of equipment using manual, automated or computer-controlled systems. The Manufacturing Tech 3 will identify operations outside of normal status and/or malfunction in both the manufacturing of materials and the utilized equipment. As a result, corrective actions such as reconfiguring equipment, adjustment of set points or adjusting operating parameters. Additional processing responsibilities include operations using mechanical assists such as pallet jacks, drum lifts and/or dollies. To perform the duties of the job the employee will keep their work areas clean and safe during manufacturing operations and the clean-up of area and equipment, post-processing. Also performing analytical testing and inspection of manufactured materials to determine materials meet final product acceptance criteria. The employee will contribute to support functions of the group (maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies and waste disposal) and assure adequate training and documentation required to perform tasks/assignments. This position will perform a variety of tasks both independently and with a team.
The Manufacturing Tech 3 will monitor and clean hood/room for aseptic processing. Cleanings will be completed per departmental Operating Procedures as well as following strict gowning requirements. Ensure stock levels in the aseptic area are adequate, restock as necessary, utilize only calibrated lab equipment in the aseptic area/labs and communicate status of tasks or operations by recording all processing in the batch records. Good lab practices will be followed by labeling processes using neat, legible and current records of supplies or materials received, handled, etc. throughout lab operations.
This employee will demonstrate continual process improvement and improving department’s knowledge through communication of experiences, observations and techniques by sharing/learning best practices. Quality responsibilities include providing a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines, the entering of labor hours worked into SAP, ensuring all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures and documenting all equipment used as well as verifying calibrations were performed, when applicable.
Must comply with safety policies and quality systems:
- Follow procedures and safety policies, at all times. Often includes following industry or government guidelines such as Process Safety Management or Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Don, doff, use, clean and properly store personal protective equipment
- Be familiar with hazards common to assigned work and take action to correct unsafe situations.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory, process, and personal areas, maintaining a constant level of audit readiness.
- Clean equipment and work area in compliance with established cleaning OP’s and quality systems.
- Complete all documents requested or needed in compliance with current quality systems and good documentation practices.
- Label all in-process equipment and containers properly.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions making safety a priority
- Participate in safety/compliance activities such as training sessions, safety meetings or safety inspections.
- Follow policies and procedures to guarantee manufacturing departments and outside vendors receive information/materials conforming to their expectations in support of current quality systems.
- Participate in safety and quality training and other related activities, including Learning Management System training
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in process improvements under the guidance of a supervisor or scientist.
- Utilize appropriate gowning and aseptic techniques while performing production operations in a controlled environment.
- Occasional lifting and pushing up to 80 pounds.
- Use of manual and electric pallet jack
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant college courses in the Life or Physical Sciences
- 2+ years of experience working with production equipment, analytical equipment in a Laboratory environment
- 2+ years of experience working with safe chemical handling methods
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Math and Chemistry concepts in a work or academic setting
- 2+ years in a Lab Technician program
- Strong mechanical aptitude, trouble shooting skills and attention to details
- Verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Basic PC operations
- Time Management and Organization skills
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.