A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Genome Engineering and Modulation (GEM) Franchise is a business unit situated within the Genome Engineering and Novel Modalities (GENM) Promise Venture at MilliporeSigma. GENM seeks to apply genome engineering technologies to research through novel therapeutic modalities. Your contribution will directly impact the future strategy of this highly visible organization as well as the global success of the commercial business. You have the opportunity to make an impact in one of the most exciting areas of research today!
Your Role: The Commercial Excellence Specialist for Gene Editing works within the GEM Commercial Enablement team, with global responsibility, supporting the commercial success of the GEM business unit. We are seeking an individual with highly effective communication skills and technical prowess in the field of functional genomics. This person will ensure exceptional product training progams as well as create and facilitate a continuous feedback loop between internal stakeholders (Product Management, Marketing, Commercial) and field sales/customers.
- Build meaningful relationships across the organization to understand both internal and external technical customer needs
- Develop and deliver effective technical seminar content, independently or in collaboration with regional specialist sales teams
- Lead development, implementation and measurement of state-of-the-art global sales training programs, including effective portfolio sales strategies both independently and in collaboration with exisiting company structures
- Develop, implement and continuously improve interface between commercial and franchise teams, ensuring clarity around communication channels for all teams
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Commercial Development organizations across organization to ensure effectiveness of internal and external collateral material used by commercial teams
- Regularly compile and communicate market feedback, voice of customer and competitive intelligence facilitating deep customer insights
- Enhance customer, competitor, market and marketing effectiveness feedback loop by serving as primary global liason between Product Management/Marketing and global sales teams
- Other activities to support business needs as required
Who you are:
- BS with 8+ years experience, MS 3+ years experience, or PhD
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Sales experience in a related field
- This is a remote / home office environment opportunity with up to 40% travel
- PhD in a relevant field of life sciences, preferably functional genomics
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- 3+ years of sales experience in a related field
- Track record of first author high quality publications in the life science space
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.