A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Cell Therapy team is developing and has launched novel technologies to enable the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing. The technologies center on patented acousto-fluidics platforms to manipulate cell processes, such as concentration, washing, differentiation, sorting, and culturing, and also include related products and services for cell therapy manufacturing.
Your role: Join us to help MilliporeSigma realize the potential of Cell and Gene Therapy to transform lives by advancing the industrialization of our cell therapy manufacturing platform. You will play a key role in supporting the continued market launch of our ekko™ technology by implementing the commercial strategy with early adopters and the growing commercial customer base. ekko™ represents a new generation of manufacturing technology, specifically built for cell therapy manufacturing. This is complemented by the broader cell therapy product and service portfolio, and this role is expected to address the expansive range of customers’ process needs by positioning MilliporeSigma’s capabilities in the space.
Specifically, the new team member will work alongside the wider commercial team to define and prioritize new opportunities, enable ekko™ evaluations working with the Head of Field Applications, and ensure our technical feedback cycle with the product and applications teams is maintained for continued product development. By understanding the individual customer’s needs around their manufacturing process, identifying add-on opportunities for the broader product and service portfolio will be a key responsibility. With the role being field based, the candidate is expected to be self-motivated, driven, and comfortable operating in a remote matrix setup.
The role can largely be categorized into three areas of responsibility:
Business Development and Relationship Building:
- Engage with existing Eastern US customers to enable their continued success in establishing the ekko™ as their preferred cell processing tool, provide feedback to the applications team on additional development needs
- Play a lead role in building out the Eastern US customer pipeline through proactive customer engagement, attendance of and technical customer discussions at conferences (lead generation)
- Engage with customers to understand their wider process needs, and identify additional opportunities for the MilliporeSigma offering
Commercial Execution and Sales:
- Lead onsite booking for ekko™ evaluations and applications support
- Structure, negotiate, and close early adopter and commercial contracts incorporating ekko™ technology into customer processes or projects
- Engage with Cell Therapy RnD to structure process development proposals for add-on offering
Strategic and Market Development:
- Keep up to date with industry developments, and feed back to the wider commercial team about customers’ applications and product needs in recurring team meetings
- Support the product development strategy by canvassing customer needs, and feeding back to the internal RnD and product teams by attending regular product development meetings
- Support the wider commercial team in voice of customer surveys and market relevant information gathering as needed
Who you are:
- Background in bioprocess, process development and/or biomanufacturing
- BS with 8+ years professional experience, or MS with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD
- An experienced Technical Sales and/or Business Development professional in the Biotech or Pharma industry space, preferably in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry
- Demonstrated history of executing capital equipment placements across the bioprocess industry sector
- A self-motivated, customer-facing, boots-on-the-ground, deal-closing, poised, confident sales professional
- A proven track record of identifying new cell therapy targets and opportunities and acting to establish contacts within these
- Experience in explaining technical equipment capabilities, and performing technical demonstrations
- An experienced Technical Sales professional 5+ years in the Biotech or Pharma industry capital equipment space, and 3+ years in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry
- An advanced degree, preferably an MSc in Biomedical Engineering or similar and/or an MBA degree (strongly desired)
- Candidate to be based on the US East Coast, preferably the greater Boston area, but at least close to biotech hubs (e.g. New York/New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington DC, or North Carolina) and near a major airport.
- The expectation is that the candidate would spend >50% of their time traveling, in meetings at client sites or at industry events.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.