A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This Support Specialist position involves working in a high energy, dynamic, and rewarding team environment focused on delivering best-in-class support. This individual will be responsible for ensuring each transaction is processed within Millipore guidelines, values and customer specifications. As a Support Specialist, this individual must have the ability to learn and master a number of different skill sets. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative. The opportunity for growth exists for employees who have the potential and demonstrate the ability to learn at the next level of responsibility.
You will use Oracle, Lotus Notes, Business Objects and other applications that house customer information to research and maintain customer account information. When required, you will be tasked with investigating issues, record lost or damaged orders, handle complaints, credit and/or rebill requests, solve situations related to orders, shipments or other customer related matters. Being able to respond to customer and sales inquiries and resolve issues quickly, competently and professionally is key to this position.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Supplements front-line support with high/mid-range metric targets.
- Identifies problems and takes the initiative to offer solutions.
- Participates in project work within team and able to participate in cross-functional projects.
- Acts as subject matter expert point of contact for rank-and-file sales and interactions with sales management.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and written skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills.
- Highly motivated and organized, with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks.
- Associates degree or higher education
- Knowledge of Oracle system and PC applications
- Multilingual skills (French and Spanish)
- Strong knowledge around Millipore's organizational structure, business practices and customer base.
- Act as a role model of Millipore’s values and best-in-class business practices.
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.