A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the
world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science
and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued
our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Implementing, upgrading and maintaining Storage, Backup & Archive infrastructure across Merck organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, implementation, and operations implementation takes place for all new and existing services.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to understand backup utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
- Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
Who you are:
- 3+ Years extensive exposure and mastery of data protection and data management technologies.
- 5+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup and archive architecture and its hardware / software products.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with CommVault and/or VEEAM backup technlogies. Any knowledge on other backup tools is a plus (i.e. Tivoli Storage manager, Netbackup, DPX, CPM, etc)
- Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
- Thoroughly familiar with current Quality & GxP IT compliance requirements
- Extensive project management and delivery
- Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com