A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Title: Backup Expert
- Supporting the implantation and maintenance of Storage, Backup & Archive infrastructure across Merck organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
- Provide hands-on support and participate to the implementation projects.
- Support the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
Who you are:
- 3+ Years prior experience in a 1st and 2nd Line support position
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup and archive architecture and its hardware / software products.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with CommVault and/or VEEAM backup technologies. Any knowledge on other backup tools is a plus (i.e. Tivoli Storage manager, Netbackup, DPX, CPM, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com