Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform assays/ testing for a laboratory within Biologics, including analytical ultracentrifuge assays.
The Senior Associate Scientist will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The Senior Associate Scientist is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of MilliporeSigma services, technical principles and applications.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for specific defined area(s) of MilliporeSigma business
- Apply laboratory techniques and skills to complete experiments designed to address a variety of specific problems
- Independently apply basic scientific principles in the design of experiments and the development of assays
- Perform testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/ non-routine and new services
- Lead the completion of event records; Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Write technical reports for internal use and collaborates on papers for external use
- Act as key driver/ champion on project teams
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) – OR – Masters’ degree in scientific discipline (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR – Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 4+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR – 9+ years relevant laboratory experience
- 1+ years’ experience with AUC (Analytical Ultracentrifuge)
- Experience working with Beckman Coluter Optima AUC analytical ultracentrifuge
- Performance of AUC method with AAV, both empty and full viral capsid
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in Analytical Chemistry executing and overseeing technical projects and/or related studies
- Experience leading and/or supervising staff in a laboratory setting
- 1+ years HPLC/UHPLC (Agilent and Waters systems preferred)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.