A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Plant Operator
Is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
1: Perform day-to-day activities in the Reactor & Pilot Plant:
- Operate rectors / equipment and discharge day-to-day activities with minimum guidance.
- Monitors progress of reactions and interprets analytical data.
- Sound knowledge of operating the equipment’s.
- See the process and suggest the improvements to reduce the process steps or better process for yield improvement and cycle time reduction, proactively.
- Co-ordinate with R&D team and the production team, during scale-up.
- Convert the ideas of team during scale-up for better results during the execution of scale-up batches.
- Assisting the supervisor in executing daily operational strategies.
- Coordinating routine maintenance and repairs to equipment.
- Ensures that plant operations adhering to the operating guidelines and matching to the required specifications.
- Maintains all required records such as operating logs, daily log, etc.
- Performs all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines and with an ongoing awareness of safety practices.
- Wears proper protective equipment and utilizes proper body mechanics and ergonomics while performing work.
- When potentially unsafe conditions are observed makes efforts to avoid or correct them if they are controllable and draws them to the attention of the responsible supervisor or safety representative in a timely manner.
- Notify Supervisor about equipment and production problems.
- Ensure in compliance with operational policies and safety standards.
2: Quality and EHS
- Maintain equipment, tools, and facilities in safe, clean environment.
- Ensure that materials and equipment’s are appropriately handled to prevent cross contamination.
- Make sure all production deviations are reported.
- Sent the quenched materials to Hazardous materials waste as per the protocols.
- Follow and wear the required PPE during the activity as per the protocols.
- Clean and maintain reusable safety equipment for next use.
- Assemble, test, maintain, and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Prepare respiratory protection (check respirator for valves/cartridges, assemble white cap hood).
- Maintain, clean and keep safe all work areas and equipment.
- Take necessary steps to assure we provide our customers with the highest quality possible.
- Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality.
3: Process Improvement:
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot all equipment
- Challenge the given process and suggest the improvements in cycle time and yields.
- Shares ideas for improvement including common sense ways (Kaizens)
- Participates in testing and implementation of changes
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Actively participate in a proactive safety culture; identifying hazards, making suggestions for improvement, coaching coworkers on safety, and working incident free.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring – Make the visual controls for better inspection of machines and monitor.
- Analytical - Conducting tests and inspections of processes to evaluate quality.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding the given procedures or process or related documents.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Communication - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Process (Core) - Knowledge of process and chemicals, working with different scales from kilogram to pilot plant and reactor scale, and working with different equipment’s for maximizing the effective production.
- Technical - Knowledge of machines tools or processes, including their designs, uses, for better operation
Additional skills required:
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability / Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- 4 -10 years of experience in a relevant industry.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com