A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Laboratory Quality Technician will support all laboratory activities by performing maintenance and routine tasks. This individual will play a role in supporting daily laboratory operations, such as; preparing buffers / media's, maintaining labware by washing and autoclaving and helping to keep laboratory clean and stocked. The ideal candidate will be a team player with exceptional organizational and communication skills and must be willing to work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team environment. This is a C Shift role, hours are 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Lifting up to 25lbs required
Who You are:
- Education: Minimum of a Quality Technician Certification
- Ability to manage time efficiently and multi-task
- Ability to read and follow SOPs
- A strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms
- Ability to evaluate methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved
- Ability to work in laboratory Biosafety Level 2 environment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations
- Ability to work with teammates in a multi-shift operations
- Monitors equipment and instrumentation used on a daily basis to ensure proper operation and calibration
- Preferred Associates in Science or work experience in a similar field
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.