A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: MilliporeSigma is looking for a Food Safety Applications and Training Specialist for innovative rapid microbiology testing methods for food safety.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will be running and maintaining the food safety applications lab for North America located in Burlington MA, supporting customer projects, conducting feasibility and method optimization studies, writing reports, supporting pre and post-sale activities and generating lab data for white papers and application notes. This position requires 25% travel.
Secondarily, will be responsible for assisting delivering, maintaining and implementing components of a comprehensive on-site technical training and certification program for customers. The ideal candidate will have strong experimental design and analysis skills, written and verbal communication skills, project management skills, and understand a Quality environment.
Primary responsibilities include: Perform Feasibility and Method optimization testing on customer samples at the applications lab, document test results, write reports and maintain record; Sample testing data analysis and troubleshooting; Develop testing protocols; Assist on equipment evaluation in-house or at customer site for pre-sale support of different microbiology testing equipment; Ensure all systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulatory requirements to ensure quality testing of products; Train customers on performing equipment operation and sample testing as needed; Coordinate with customers and various internal functions to complete services on a timely manner (customer, technical service, sales and marketing); Partner with the sales team to support the sales process and on development of new opportunities; Design experiments, generate testing data and write white papers and application notes ; Preparing post services reports, weekly and monthly reports to management, plans and manages workload and budget.
Secondary responsibilities include: Assist in executing GDS installation and comprehensive training and certification for food safety customers on-site; Support customers to use Food Safety Quality Control methods from installation to routine use. This includes on-site support; Lead, manage and enhance our Food Safety & Food Safety Solutions training program focused on providing engaging, relevant and impactful education and training to North American customer base and sales force.; Assist on creating innovative training solutions, including video content, virtual training and other mechanisms to deliver technical training on properly operation and basic troubleshooting of equipment; Ensure that training records are tracked, maintained and archived; Participate and lead the implementation of the strategy to train global regions following a train-the-trainer model on the installation and operation of equipment and products; Work with Product Management to incorporate training messages into regional, functional and business communications to further support training program strategy; Establish and maintain metrics and reporting to reflect effectiveness of training programs.
- 4+ years of experience in scientific laboratory testing, project or program management, communication, and training.
- Bachelor’s in a science degree required with 4+ years of experience in Food Microbiology laboratory workflows with familiarity with food safety regulatory Policies/Guidance (USDA, FDA, CDC, EPA, AOAC, Health Canada, etc.) OR a master’s degree in a science with 2+ years of experience in Food Microbiology laboratory workflows with familiarity with food safety regulatory Policies/Guidance (USDA, FDA, CDC, EPA, AOAC, Health Canada, etc.)
- Food Science degree preferred
- Experince with food safety preferred
- Solid understanding of business acumen and strong customer orientation.
- Strong program management skills, including ability to organize, execute and manage multiple
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Confidence to handle pressures and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Results oriented with a willingness to get the job done
- Be adaptable to change
- Self-starter with high energy who is a team player and has the ability to be effective in a dynamic, evolving and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong commitment to compliance, ethics and accountability
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.