A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is responsible for performing complex operations and tasks associated with the QC testing and inspection of raw materials, products and research reagents following established SOPs. The scientist occupying this role will be expected to perform troubleshooting of analytical processes and revision of testing procedures as needed.
Quality Scientist is a mid-level position within the Quality Organization. Responsibility varies depending on role and experience. A Quality Scientist may work on incoming inspection, raw material or finished product testing, and release of conforming product to inventory. Position does not include direct reports.
- Complete routine quality testing on raw materials, intermediate products, finished goods, failure investigations and customer complaints, adhering to all applicable SOP’s and safety requirements
- Participation in projects and continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to QCAPA and Kaizen events
- Review and revise QC procedures and validate analytical test methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Tissue Culture techniques is required, as well as a knowledge of antibody and protein production methods
- Experience in Western Blot, Flow Cytometry, cell-based assays and basic immunological / molecular techniques
- Demonstrated experience in the use of basic scientific laboratory equipment and more complex automated/programmable equipment
- Complete all laboratory activities in an accurate and timely manner, to meet production delivery schedules, and achieve individual batch record turn-around time targets.
- Additional duties as required
Who You Are:
- Master's degree in a Life Science discipline such as chemistry, biology or microbiology OR Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science discipline such as chemistry, biology or microbiology AND 2+ years laboratory experience OR 10+ years of experience in a Life Science business operations role.
- 2+ years of experience working with Quality principles, theories and techniques pertaining to ISO standards
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Mathematical, organizational, spreadsheet, word processing, database management, problem solving, communication, attention to detail, teamwork, training, and leadership.
- Knowledge in principals of sterile technique.
- Demonstrated knowledge in laboratory safety plans and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with personal computer software in a business environment (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems (Oracle/SAP preferred) and Quality QMS systems (Trackwise preferred)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.