A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Rare Reagents department creates liquid bulks, purified antibodies, and polymerase chain reaction reagents used in the production of food borne pathogen detection kits. You will be responsible for creating product components that are used in the manufacture of diagnostic testing kits. You will perform routine assignments within established procedures and practices in a commercial manufacturing laboratory.
Possess a high attention to detail, able to ensure the quality of your work
Required to follow company guidelines for personal protective equipment use, good lab practices, and relevant ISO procedures
- Perform moderately physical activity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee may frequently to sit and talk or hear. The employee will stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any scientific discipline, such as chemical or biological sciences for instance microbiology, biochemistry, or chemistry/biology.
- 1+ year of laboratory experience
- Experience in a production environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to follow written instructions and accurately complete batch records
- Experience with data verification preferred
- Cell culture experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.