A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Sr. Software Engineer will work with scrum masters, functional analysts, and other technical analyst to understand business requirement, design and build scalable solutions using Java/JEE frameworks to successfully implement requirements that meet business need. The candidate also may need to support the existing software solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design and develop scalable technical solutions.
- Provide support for existing software solutions.
- Work closely with globally distributed business analysts and architects to build an effective software solution.
- Mentor other team members.
- Improve the code quality with effective testing and review process.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of hands on development experience in Java/Java EE.
- Excellent knowledge on Core Java.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the effective usage of collections.
- Hands on experience in J2EE technologies JAX-RS, JPA.
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements.
- Ability to work with global team.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer centric.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Knowledge on Cassandra, Hadoop, Spoon and Solr.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com