A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are actively seeking to recruit an experienced BioManufacturing Engineer for our Bioprocess Division. Reporting to the MSAT (Manufacturing Sciences & Technology) organisation, the individual shall be required to work extensively throughout the UK, Ireland, and Nordic regions. Ideally the successful candidate will be based around the Dublin area.
- Broad and deep understanding and experience with downstream purification technologies and applications in the biopharmaceutical industry for monoclonal Antibodies, recombinant proteins, plasma proteins with a key focus on process development, scale-up, and developing methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production
- Strong chemical / biochemical engineering skills to understand complex customer applications to allow for effective planning, design and execution of interventions through process development, scale-up and implementation within given milestones and deadlines.
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models with a more in-depth focus on single-use technologies.
- Optimising production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies. Review existing bio-manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identify new or expand existing opportunities, by connecting frequently with all levels within the customer.
- Developing and extending customer contacts with growing internal and customer credibility as the expert.
- Prepare and present technical reports, data summary documents, or research articles for scientific publication, regulatory submissions, or patent applications.
- Produce quality and timely written reports, operating protocols, applications notes, and all other appropriate documentation.
- Deliver technical training and seminars covering our products, applications and services for our internal and external customers.
- Attend relevant congresses / tradeshows.
- Live the MSAT Network, connecting and communicating with MSAT colleagues around the world sharing technical knowledge and application experience which can be of benefit to your customers locally.
Who you are:
Graduate degree in Chemical / Biochemical engineering, Biochemical engineering or Biotechnology with practical, hands-on experience with all downstream process technologies within the Bioscience / Biopharmaceutical environment, including:
- Normal flow filtration techniques; Theoretical and practical “hands-on” experience of aseptic filtration is a prerequisite.
- Tangential flow filtration (TFF) techniques such as ultrafiltration and diafiltration. Experience with microfiltration or large-scale operation is desirable.
- Chromatographic separation techniques, preferably involving process and method development, is advantageous.
- Multi-use and single-use processes or systems.
Proven practical hands on laboratory and / or pilot plant experience is essential as well as excellent written and verbal communications with high level presentation skills.
The position is focused on supporting UK, Ireland, and the Nordics. Therefore, highly motivated and disciplined mindset is essential as well as a flexible approach and strong organisational skills, high level of initiative with the ability to complete short- and longer-term projects,
Candidates must have a willingness to travel up to 50 % of their time.
To all recruitment agencies/suppliers: we are lucky enough to receive fantastic applications and have an in house recruitment team. Therefore unless you are formally requested by a member of the in house recruitment team to support us and then given access to our portal you are not engaged to work with us. Please do not contact hiring managers directly or send speculative profiles or CVs – we will not accept these as an introduction and you will not be paid any fee or considered for our preferred supplier list.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com