A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Finished Goods Supervisor for C Shift is responsible for manufacturing operations consisting of the entirety of C-shift Finished Goods staff and a product portfolio of life science filtration devices. The Production Supervisor will build and sustain a strong manufacturing team through a balanced approach towards employee safety, product quality, and customer delivery performance.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on team player with high energy and work as a collaborative team member and leader to achieve operational safety, quality, and output goals. This person must be highly self-motivated, and coordinate activities with support staff including Process, Validation, and Quality Engineering.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods and standard operating procedures on the production floor.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in productivity and performance metrics through the use of lean tools and operator engagement.
- Acts as a mentor to staff and develops a “learning” organization.
- Accomplishes manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counselling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Must ensure that KPI measurable are met consistently (i.e. MPS, back order, etc…)
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel to accomplish production goals; establishes priorities, monitors progress, revises schedules, resolves production problems and reports any changes in quality or throughput.
- Actively manage employee performance through coaching and counselling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Keeps management informed on any production issues that may impact production schedule.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS and quality regulations.
Who you are:
- 5+ years progressive experience within an FDA-regulated industry/manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years in a leadership position or a position of increasing responsibilities with demonstrated leadership skills and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Able to clearly communicate issues and areas for improvement to management and direct reports in a timely and easy to understand manner.
- Requisite confidence and experience to drive effective, pragmatic and risk-based decisions.
- Degree in manufacturing, engineering, or a similar field a plus.
- Knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP.
- Proven strong leadership skills w/ ability to motivate, inspire, and build a high performing team.
- Problem solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Good decision maker.
- Collaborative and likeable team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.