A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This position could be based in Singapore, Japan, China or South Korea
You will have overall responsibility for the identification, relationship and business management of 2-3 Applied Global Strategic Industrial & Testing accounts headquartered in APAC to deliver increased sales growth and drive profitability. You will also be the APAC/emerging lead driving coordination and business results for the APAC/Emerging portion of I&T GSA accounts headquartered outside APAC.
Develop enhanced negotiation strategies to ensure maximization of revenue from strategic contracts and relationships.
- Formulating & implementing global account plans that deliver on strategies to maximize sales growth, profitability and service through customer-centric solutions differentiating from competitor
- Managing & developing strategic global relationships across procurement, technical, scientific and commercial contacts by building collaborative relationships.
- Negotiating, renewing and implementing global contracts at assigned accounts
- Drive customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the APAC Industry & Testin sales team to identify some top-tier local customers that require additional GSA-like support.
Develop clear and agreed service level agreements across the organization, where appropriate, to minimize costs and maximize success. Leverage understanding of GSA support organizations in NA and WEU (notably Customer Excellence, ISCO and Quality Services) to drive the development and implementation of those needed capabilities in the APAC region.
- Ensuring effective communication with key stakeholders and ensuring that all are up-to-date with account strategy, key developments and performance.
- Working within a matrix environment through local sales organizations to direct and support local accounts teams in order to deliver on these strategies and drive top and bottom line sales growth across the business.
- Represent the GSA team in the APAC region for customer meetings and internal meetings, particularly when it does not make financial sense for a NA or WEU-based team member to fly to APAC.
- Support the NA and WEU-based GSA team members re. sales development opportunities in the APAC region for their global accounts by contributing local knowledge and insight.
- Support and guide the local sales organizations in developing contracts
- Drive best practices across the local sales organizations.
- Improve pricing leverage through discount management and competitor intelligence.
- Supporting the coordination of internal resource through regional/local service organizations to meet customer service expectations.
- Lead and support global & regional process Improvement initiatives.
- Work with counterparts within the team, with customers, and across the organization to identify, implement, and drive customer centric solutions that position as a critical long-term partner to these accounts.
- Coordinate with AM groups and their support structures to share and appropriate best practices, challenge approaches, and ensure all programs are best in class.
- Responsible to network widely across the organizations, to ensure capability knowledge and high coordination.
- Active participation on multiple critical projects of strategic significance within Applied and across Life Science tied to M&A activity, Dealers, etc.
Who you are:
- Strategic agility
- Strong leadership skills, necessary to utilize with customers and within the matrix organization
- Knowledge of the Applied businesses, including strategy, processes, customer requirements and organizational resources
- Experience working in a customer centric organization, delivering custom solutions & projects critical to customers’ success
- Strong track record of sales experience in a global/complex environment, and consistently delivering results
- Strong business and finance acumen; strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to build cross organizational alliances
- Experience in some combination of supply chain, and/or technical depth associated with our applied customers
- Requires a minimum of 7 years (international) sales experience, preferably in an international company.
- Requires a Scientific or Business diploma /degree. PhD or MBA is desirable
- Travel across the APAC region and globally required
- Business level communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com