A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- The key function of this role is to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction by giving excellent & consistent service support to MilliQ customers in country & to increase the efficiency of the Field Service team in all aspects of their role.
- Manage the designated Service staff and control the costs associated with the running of this Department.
- Coaching, managing and developing the team is the key task, as well as running and growing the business, and building relationship with customers.
- Occasionally, the role will also require scheduling the service calls for the service engineers, development of skills such as customer profiling, listening to customer needs, providing solutions, and increasing the level of product knowledge.
- Develop and implement policy pertaining to the Service Department.
- Manage and coach the service engineers to develop and implement plans, strategies and policies to achieve their budgets.
- Ensure implementation of marketing strategies via promotional programs through the sales team
- Ensure that all Service programs and activities are implemented, on time and within budget.
- Monitor the service sales targets of designated staff on a monthly basis and report such to the Head of Sales & Service.
- Monitor the CRM input of Field Service Engineers.
- Monitor service performance against budget (prepare monthly sales reports + KPI Reports).
- Respond to requests from Sales staff regarding pricing for quotes (spare parts etc.) and any other customer related price issues.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Sales & Service and Marketing Specialist on product price points in the market.
- Work in cooperation with the Head of Sales & Service and provide reports on Sales activities and their success in the applicable territories.
- Have input into establishing goals and managing Service plan strategies that fulfil the Company’s goals.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of an annual Service Plan.
- Have input into the coordination of the service team for national Conferences and regular team meetings.
- Effectively supervise, develop and motivate subordinate staff by providing training, coaching and guidance as well as rewarding excellent performance and correcting non-performance as required.
- Initiate and manage continuous improvement projects for all service processes under the guidance of the Head of Sales & Service.
- Collect and analyse information about competitors and market situations, advise of new product/service opportunities and inform the Head of Sales & Service.
- Monitor service results against budgets and take appropriate action to at least meet budget.
- Apply and possibly assist in the development of pricing policies for specific products/services.
- Develop, monitor and control expense budgets under the guidance of the Head of Sales & Service.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of service processes, products and customers.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Have commercial acumen and market awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with both written and verbal communications and negotiation.
- Outstanding planning, organising and time management skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Engineering, Sales/Marketing would be advantageous.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Have extensive experience in a scientific or related field.
- Ideally based in Sydney, but open to be based in other areas.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com