A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Sourcing Manager Life Science will execute complex sourcing strategies for inventoried
direct materials. You will also partner with Manufacturing, Production, Quality, Marketing / Product
Management and Technical R&D colleagues to identify supply chain opportunities in these product areas.
In this role, you will be expected to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the
organization and to execute sourcing strategies to drive value and impact bottom-line profitability.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of life science, Advanced Degree (Master's or MBA) preferred
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in one or more of following roles: new product development, strategic sourcing, technical services, product management in life science or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience in a global, matrixed organization with experience in and exposure to advanced sourcing strategies
- Experience performing in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to speak and present effectively to peers and Management
- Strong relationship building skills with key Stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Capable of influencing and motivating others with new ideas and concepts
- Proficient at thinking and acting strategically, championing change, and generating innovative solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to manage and resolve highly complex business issues
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and supplier management concepts
- Strong contract development and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with commodity sourcing environment
- Familiarity with life science Product Management and technology commercialization
- Participates in highly strategic global, cross-functional Sourcing Teams championing the strategic sourcing process within the organization
- Supports, as a team member, strategic sourcing initiatives that impact sourcing decisions across Life Science sites world wide
- Helps prepare Business Cases, including ROI models, and effectively presents new programs to Management
- Continually identifies and implements new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively tracks progress toward these objectives
- Manages the Sourcing process, including the RFI/RFP process and participation in make-buy conversion decisions on a global basis
- Manages supplier selection process and ensures supplier selections are based on sound selection criteria such as Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Supports the development and execution of negotiation strategies with suppliers, including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, and inventory
- Works with Legal to establish and execute optimal contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Manages supplier relationships, ensuring compliance with and performance of contract terms
- Develops implementation and transition plans to ensure sourcing benefits are fully realized
- Develops global strategies identifying market trends and dynamics to generate defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation, and sustainable sourcing strategies
- Analyzes total spend data in combination with identified market trends and dynamics to prioritize and sourcing initiatives within designated spend categories
- Works with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance to ensure quality in supplier base
- Participates in supplier audits and assists in generating purchase specifications
What We Offer:
Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer
a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams and
take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com