A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting role has arisen to join BioReliance, part of MilliporeSigma, the life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, as a second shift Laboratory Supervisor within Molecular Laboratory Operations. Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for supervision of all Associate Scientists and/or lab technicians within second shift. Molecular Laboratory Operations is a high throughput, fast-paced laboratory within Biologics that delivers a series of biosafety assays. Laboratory Supervisor will be required to maintain a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications.
You will be responsible for oversight and overall management of the lab during second shift as well as overall lab metrics. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct supervision to Associate Scientists and/or Laboratory Assistants. Meet with direct reports to set goals, conduct regular one-on-one discussions with employees, ensure development plans are in place for all employees, address personnel issues promptly, interview and hire new candidates and complete performance reviews fairly and on-time.
- Act as point of contact for departmental training, ensuring training modules are up to date and training matrix reflects staff capabilities.
- Responsible for compliance of studies under the principles of GxP.
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Review study data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness of documentation.
- Manage the use and maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation, computer systems; Ensure that they are kept in a calibrated / validated state and part 11 compliant.
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance. Document all aspects of the investigation in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing.
- Periodically evaluate laboratory procedures, system controls and technical documentation such as SOPs and batch records to ensure compliance.
- Participate in division-wide initiatives including Quality systems improvements, trans-divisional SOPs revisions, Lean projects, etc.
- Assist in site visits (Technical and QA), complete client requests and addressing site visit/ audit findings in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate or required.
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 3+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR – Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 5+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR – 9+ years relevant laboratory experience
- 1+ years of supervisory/team lead experience in a GxP laboratory setting
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in area supervising (Molecular Biology)
- Highly, technically competent
- Effective supervisory, coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Excellent time management skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.