A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise the Facility Engineering group for the Rockville Site and ensure the corrective and preventative maintenance of all building related systems. The role includes responsibilities over maintenance of building equipment, project management, and future planning. In addition, will lead department staff’s participation in maintaining a safe work environment through adherence to all corporate, departmental and government safety regulations.
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED with 5+ years’ experience in a position supporting technical operations
- 1+ years of foreman or supervisory experience
- Technical training (equipment, instrumentation, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience in cGMP (life science, pharmaceutical or food) processing industries
- Experience in a multi-shift operation
- Experience in servicing, repairing and maintaining laboratory equipment including incubators, freezers, refrigerators, etc.
- A leader with good working knowledge of building systems and basic maintenance functions who is capable of leading a team to maintain all laboratory equipment on site
- Previous pharmaceutical or highly regulated experience preferred
- Be capable of managing day to day equipment operations including the assigning, following up, and review of work from your team and contractors
- Able to work closely with laboratory personnel, keeping them informed of repair/project statuses
- Capable of participating in client and regulatory audits
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.