A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Logistics Supervisor plans, organizes, and monitors the distribution of all items manufactured or distributed from the site. This includes international shipments as well as cold chain shipments. The role requires maintenance of the personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the team mission in an effective and efficient manner while growing an developing the team. The position requires coordination with the Material Management Team, Planning Team, Intercompany Logistics Teams, and Customer Care. This individual is responsible for
- Ensuring shipments meet all Customer, Quality, Safety & Regulatory Requirements.
- Demonstrating attention to detail and good documentation skills.
- Discussing work related items in a professional, productive manner
- Ability to lift 35 lbs or more and work on feet 75% of the day.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- The employee may frequently to sit and talk or hear. The employee will stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors’ degree in such fields as Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Natural Science
- 4+ years of work experience in supply chain operations such as logistics, planning or manufacturing
- ERP systems experience such as SAP, Oracle or Macola highly preferred
- Experience in reference material production or analytical testing preferred
- Experience working in Crystal Reports or other SQL reporting software
- Self-motivated, energetic and possess a team attitude
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.