A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Produce or purify stable isotope products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure safety and quality throughout the process following ISO 9001 and cGMP (as required by the product) guidelines.
- Participates in quality awareness and training sessions.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Accurately follows written procedures, MPR’s, SOP’s and other work instructions.
- Sets up, uses and cleans required equipment, tools and materials and working areas during and after operations.
- Neutralizes and disposes of waste.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Monitors chemical reactions using analytical and laboratory equipment and distributed control system.
- Contributes to department quality and safety goals.
- Maintain, clean, and keep safe all work areas and equipment.
- Maintain personal protective equipment.
- Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality.
- Communicate with coworkers and Interact with other departments as needed.
- May serve on committees to improve department, site or company performance. Committees may focus on safety, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- Backs up other site colleagues as cross-trained and required based on department needs when those colleagues are out on vacation, sick or as site volume requires assistance.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of industry knowledge, experience, and principles.
- May lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- May occasionally wear appropriate protective gear such as hard hats, chemical-resistant suits, safety shoes, and other related personal protection equipment to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- May work near moving mechanical parts
- May occasionally work in wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold conditions
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ months of work experience
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry or related degree
- 3+ months of experience in the chemical manufacturing industry or a chemical environment
- High mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Strong math and measurement skills, including proficiency with the metric system
- Ability to use a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Proficiency with material handling equipment
- Good communication skills to include working with and training others
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.