A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma this laboratory position in the R&D organization is responsible for the development of innovative technologies and high potent active pharmaceutical ingredient products. The primary activities for this position will involve designing chemical syntheses and developing efficient processes to enable the effective manufacturing of API products.
- Either serve as overall technical lead or work alongside other scientists on new product development programs
- Provide innovation in improved synthesis pathway determination
- Execute projects and initiatives on time, meeting identified objectives within the targeted budget(s) inside the MilliporeSigma product development process
- Develop processes suitable for efficient manufacturing in a GMP environment
- Provide qualified technical guidance to junior R&D and manufacturing staff members
- Demonstrate clear initiative, risk-taking, and creativity
- Provide input to Management regarding the development and implementation of newly innovative technologies
- Interact well with other functions units (Marketing, Commercial, Process Development, Analytical Development, Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs) to advance program and department objectives
- Champion the implementation of new technologies across the site
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in medicinal or process chemistry or Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Method Development with industrial experience in medicinal or process chemistry
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.