A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You are driven to achieve a quarterly/annual sales target established by Area Management. You will develop and maintain solid working relationships with identified distributors within the territory as well as the ability to efficiently manage the territory through planned coverage and follow-up of key accounts, end-users, and leads is of paramount importance. The role is technical in nature and requires you to maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will add value to our products and services while promoting and maintaining customer allegiance. Travel requirements about 15-20%.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree in Science or Business field.
- 2+ years previous experience in technical sales and direct selling activities to the scientific community OR 2+ years of field service experience involving marketing and product positioning.
- Ability to manage his/her territory in an efficient and organized manner, answer voicemails and emails in a timely manner, plan customer visits, colloborate with our service group, and manage and follow up on leads and quotes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business field preferred.
- 5+ years previous experience in technical sales and direct selling activities to the scientific community, ideally Life Science or Engineering.
- Familiarity with laboratory applications and testing to include instrumentation.
- Ability to develop and demonstrate solutions in technical areas.
- Proven ability to understand and articulate both technical product aspects and product market positioning.
- Familiarity with the clinical marketspace.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is paramount to job success.
- Previous SalesForce experience preferred.
- Job requires some lifting of equipment, ability to walk halls, driving through territory to visit accounts.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.