A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and support the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system for the SAFC Carlsbad (MilliporeSigma) site. Working closely with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Project Management and other departments, the MRP Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the master data and transaction data in Microsoft Dynamics GP is maintained and accurate. The specific duties include developing tools and reports to inform the organization regarding the status of raw materials, and to accurately forecast demand for raw materials required for GMP manufacturing. The position works cooperatively with related, cross-functional groups to meet these objectives.
The MRP analyst will work closely with the Corporate IT to ensure that the local MRP is migrated to the corporate SAP system successfully. This position will play a significant role in preparing for and ensuring a smooth and effective SAP rollout at the Carlsbad site.
- Support the local MRP system, facilitating all aspects from input of demand through reporting
- Develop solutions to business challenges using various tools such as SQL, Excel and Visual Basic for Applications
- Develop systems to forecast short-term and long-term demand for GMP raw materials and components and work with purchasing to ensure that supplies will meet the demand of contracted manufacturing projects
- Communicate with planning, manufacturing, project managers and with other departments, as needed to support the production schedule
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting to ensure that the project accounting system is operating as designed and project based financial reporting is accurate
- Provide support to upgrade and maintain Microsoft Dynamics GP in a validated state as needed
- Support of Computer Systems Validation (CSV) projects
- Participate in client audits and regulatory agency inspections as requested
- Provide support for the update and maintenance of policies and procedures in the corporate document management system
- Provide support for administration and troubleshooting of analytical equipment
- Provide hands on IT support as requested by corporate IT groups (client operations, server group networking, etc.)
- Work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours as required.
- Perform very complex tasks with attention to detail.
- Facilitate implementation of SAP Next ERP in Carlsbad
- Process documentation and translation.
- Master Data clean up, export and transfer.
- Dynamic data export and transfer.
- Facilitation of User Acceptance Testing and user training
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Life Sciences, OR High School diploma/GED AND 10 years work experience in Information Technology or Life Sciences field
- 5 years of experience in IT field
- 3 years of experience in a Regulated environment. GMP/Validated experience highly preferred
- 3 years of experience developing solutions using SQL AND Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated proficiency with writing SQL as well as Visual Basic for Applications code
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint and Teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of microcomputer hardware and operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience
- 21 CFR Part 11 Regulations and Data Integrity principles
- Computer Systems Validation experience
- SAP experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.