A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is seeking a Key Account Manager (KAM) to manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional partnership between the customer and EMD Serono.
Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines, KAM core competencies through our Competency Model and PhRMA guidelines.
Able to travel up to 70%, flying and driving (some over-night travel required).
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline required.
- Valid and active driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
- 3+ years in specialty biologic markets desired.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-oriented, energetic, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and driven.
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results.
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems including prior authorization pull through strategies desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, process and communicate complex product, disease and market place knowledge.
- Ability to present to all levels of customers- clinical, financial, administrative.
- Create and execute strategic account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth.
- Maintains a superior level of product, market, managed care, and customer knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
- Success working as part of an overall team to accomplish goals
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.