A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- This key position is responsible for leading and coaching a team in a high energy, dynamic, fast paced environment focused on delivering best-in-class customer service and sales support for EMD Millipore’s core business operations.
- Our Supervisors identify opportunities for improvement not just in our team members, but also in our delivery strategy, processes, policies, training, reference materials, systems, measurements and coaching.
- The scope of this position may include managing any of the following functions: sales support administration, telephone representatives, logistics, expediting, key accounts, customer concerns, sales escalations.
- In this role you will plan short term individual and team goals and objectives in support of achieving stated departmental and Corporate goals and objectives. Manage individual and team performance to deliver better customer service to customers and internal partners throughout the order to fulfillment cycle. Direct people, time and tasks in accordance with quality, safety, HR, compliance and budget requirements and policies.
- In addition, you will coach staff to help them gain greater competence and overcome barriers to improving performance and create an environment that fosters innovative ideas and opportunities.
- Train team members on the proficiency, skills, corporate values and culture initiative to perform their job professionally. You will act as a point of contact for sales escalations and target process improvements and lead project work when relevant.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma with 4+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or similar Business discipline with 2+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- B.S. Business Management, Operations or Logistics is preferred
- Experience in at least one functional area is preferred: Sales Support, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable and/or Collections, Distribution, Technical Support, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Logistics.
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Business knowledge of other areas such as Supply Chain, Operations, Collections, Finance, Sales & Marketing, E-Commerce B2B is preferred.
- Proven analytics and qualitative measurement exposure to determine trends and make corrective adjustments to shifts in economic conditions.
- Proven ability to provide best in class customer and sales focus and ensure the teams provide customer and sales satisfaction by meeting/exceeding metrics.
- Ability to set priorities, manage time, projects and resources effectively to achieve business results.
- Experience in effectively multitasking in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in effectively communicating business strategies and providing leadership direction to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills through positive and transparent interaction with direct reports and all levels of management to encourage open sharing of ideas and feedback.
- Experience with Management tools, Web Based Order Management Systems and Oracle/SAP
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word etc.)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.