Show All Results
Associate Director, Strategic Projects & Business Development Life Science Controlling (USA)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are expanding our Strategy & BD Controlling Team at Life Science. We are looking for driven, curious, and impact-focused individuals to join us.
Come and talk with us if shaping the future and solving the toughest problems in Life Science with the world’s scientific community sound like the right challenge for you. This position can be based in Burlington, Massachusetts in the USA or in Darmstadt, Germany or Molsheim, France.
In this role you support executive cross functional business projects for Life Science. As Associate Director Strategic Projects & BD in Controlling Life Science you will be the backbone of the Strategic Controlling unit working closely with the business and other Finance functions to define and execute our strategy for Life Science. You will support the Business Development Team in the creation of financial business cases/valuations. Further, you will be part of financial due diligence and the financial strategic and operational divestment and integration processes within Life Science. Therefore, we are looking for a curious mind and quick learner who is eager to experience a high learning curve.
Key aspects of the role and projects are:
- Analytics: Highly analytical mindset being able to deal with complex, cross-functional projects
- Strategy & organizational development: Support strategic projects from conceptualization to implementation and driving change throughout the organization
- Execution: Manage, support and track the financial execution of projects, drive process improvement as appropriate
- Communication & Stakeholder Management: Develop & coordinate information on executive-level and serve as key thought financial partner for business stakeholders, and ensure involvement and engagement across relevant organizations
Who you are:
- Excellent degree in sciences, economics or engineering (Master/PhD)
- 8+ Years of professional working experience
- Experience in a management consultancy or in strategic Finance/Data Analytics function in a corporate environment is a plus
- Proven track record of managing national and international financial/strategic projects covering a broad range of different cross-functional areas
- Strong business acumen, proven skills in structured problem solving and Out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong project management skills, including experience with matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, creativity, analytical strength and process thinking
- Ability to present complex topics and manage stakeholders on executive management level
- Professional experience in business related sectors (pharma, life sciences or specialty chemicals preferred) or in M&A/BD is beneficial
- Excellent computer skills (Excel & PPT a must) other analytical platforms are a plus
- Fluent in English
- Travel Requirements – 20%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.