A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
This is a 12 month Maternity Leave contract
Your role: As a Neurology Medical Science Liaison, you will support EMD Serono, Canada and hold scientific exchanges and assist in the development and execution scientific activities dictated by the Medical plans within the Neurology & Immunology franchise.
The Medical Science Liaison position facilitates the establishment of strong, reciprocal relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and the communication of key scientific information both to and from the health care community. This person will function as an EMD scientific/medical expert to the Neurology healthcare communities and develop partnerships in the areas of Multiple Sclerosis. As a member of the Medical Affairs team, he/she will contribute to development and implementation of the Canadian Medical Strategic Plan and Scientific Communication Strategy with a priority focused on the dissemination of new research and medical concepts related to treatment and disease management, the evaluation of local requests from neurologists for investigator-driven studies, supporting the implementation of Phase IIIb-IV studies and medical learning programs, creation of medical advisory boards etc.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science and a post graduate scientific degree (Ph.D., M.D., Pharm.D) with significant industry experience and proven performance
- Expertise across a broad range of disease and therapeutic areas with a thorough understanding of the drug development process. Experience in the field of Neurology is preferred.
- Bilingual in French and English; both written and spoken is considered a strong asset for the role
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including Key Opinion Leaders and global stakeholders
- Strong ability to leverage scientific knowledge for overall product value
- Independent self-starter with the ability to work effectively both alone and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to mentor new recruits from the academic sector through their transition into industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrated business planning ability and strong organizational skills; experienced at strategy development
- Demonstrated professional and ethical behaviour. Knowledge of regulations governing provision of disease- and product-related information to health care professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to manage frequent travel (40-60%)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.