Show All Results
Cloud Solution Architect
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Help our multi-disciplinary business, data scientists and product teams to understand and build market leading digital products that encompass computer vision, in silico modeling, complex health record data and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Continuously evaluate and bring new technologies and services into our infrastructure to help us focus on our core vision: making science faster.
- Design and implement APIs from the ground up to bring our services to end users.
- Work on greenfield projects with the freedom to use many of the latest AWS products and technologies.
- Use your creativity for finding innovative, cost-efficient and sustainable technologies and services while staying compliant to life science regulations and data privacy guidelines.
- Drive automation and industrialization of our digital product platform resulting in high uptime and low operational overhead.
- Ensure the security, scalability and uptime of our distributed, cloud-based environments.
- Proficiency working with and automating the AWS ecosystem across many low (e.g. EC2, RDS) and high-level services (API Gateway, Fargate, Lambda, Step Functions).
- Proficiency with AWS SDKs and scripting languages such as NodeJS or Python.
- Proficiency and experience with infrastructure as code.
- AWS Solution Architect Professional certified or similar certification, proof of experience.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with good API design practices.
- Experience with keeping an infrastructure up and running as part of a team.
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a global, team-oriented culture and environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.