A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Contract & Proposal Specialist (CPS) will report to and assist the manager of the Contracts & Proposal Management (CPM) team and more senior CPM staff in managing all essential team functions. In concert with the BDM team, CPM holds responsibility for ensuring efficient generation of all proposals and contracts from initial client request through hand-off of the signed contract to the operations teams for implementation.
The successful candidate will be very proficient in business/office software applications, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate business savvy and an understanding of basic business principles and the contract management life cycle.
You will need excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, gather information efficiently, and communicate status of projects in an effective and timely manner and must be team-oriented.
CPS responsibilities will include performing [MB3] administrative and non-administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Data entry of signed contracts into business management software systems (CRM, Accounting System, Forecasting System) and managing internal distribution of internal charge lines
- Electronic routing of contracts for signature (using DocuSign)
- Managing Client Purchase Order (PO) In-Box and internal distribution of Client POs
- Electronic logging of contracts, contracts folder set-up, filing and distribution of all proposals, contracts, and agreements
- Maintaining and updating the proposal/contract templates and the service offering template database
- Providing miscellaneous assistance to the Program Management team including but not limited to developing schedules in MS Project, Excel or other software tools
- Performing special projects such as creation of a historical proposal/contract database, server file clean-up, digitization of archival contracts (shipping hard copies to storage or destruction as appropriate), and supporting process improvement plans
- Other tasks/responsibilities may include assisting with:
- Drafting of statements/scopes of work (SOW)
- Cost estimating, price analysis, and profitability analysis
- Developing responses to client Requests for Proposal / Information (RFP/RFI)
- Generating new technical service offering templates (standardized SOW templates)
- Generation of new cost models
- Running reports in CRM software
- Market research and pricing analyses
- Minimal travel (less than 5%)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences related field (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) OR dual degree in Science and a Business-related major/minor.
- 4 years of experience with MS Office (e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, ect.)
- 3 years of experience in the Life Sciences business sector[MB4] (e.g. Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, etc.)
- Experience in a sales support role (sales/technical sales, account management, marketing, product management, project management or contract administration) highly preferred
- 1 year of Sales Force experience highly preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of business software such as Salesforce.com/other CRM software, Business/ Accounting management software, ERM/ERP, and / or electronic signature software highly preferred
- Sales support, project management or contract administration experience
- Knowledge or experience with proposals and/or technical statements of work
- Scientific and technical knowledge of clinical manufacturing of biologics
- Willingness/desire to interface with clients/customers and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial payment schedules and accounting/ financial principles
- Experience at a clinical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) or testing facility
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.