A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise the quality control of all products. Manage the quality control resources to produce accurate and timely data in the most cost-efficient manner consistent with regulatory standards.
- Manages staff and resources to insure quality of product testing.
- Develops and trains employees.
- Administers company policies and procedures.
- Works with production to organize and schedule the work for all quality control technicians.
- Develops and implements methods to improve productivity.
- Insure efficient utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Provides technical assistance.
- Develops departmental budgets.
Who you are:
- Completion of BS/BA in Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- 3+ years experience with chromatography methods and analytical equipment.
- Good understanding of validation, qualification, statistics and the following problem solving techniques: Pareto analysis, flowcharts, PDSA, cause and effect analysis, root cause analysis and experimental design.
- Demonstrated people management skills including strong interpersonal skills with ability to act as a mentor to staff and co-workers.
- Ability to organize tasks effectively with good time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office suite of products
- Effective work experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and optimize procedures to improve testing quality and cost.
- Ability to effectively express ideas using verbal and written communications.
- Thorough understanding of analytical products and methods.
- Ability to lead the work of others.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to operate standard PC. Proficient computer skills, including MS Office suite of products
- Travel Requirements – 5% domestic travel
- Pre-Employment testing requirements – No pre-employment physical required
- Physical Requirements (PPE, lifting) – Hearing and vision within normal limits
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.