A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Rebate Associate is responsible for day-to-day administration and processing of commercial rebates in a timely and accurate manner. In addition, as business needs arise, processes Medicaid rebates and wholesaler chargebacks and provides analysis and Rebate Operations insights to ensure appropriate revenue management. This position is also tasked with responsibilities related to internal dashboard creation to inform matrix stakeholders of appropriate analytic and market access data. This position analyzes the payment package detail, alerting Finance, Brand, and Contracting and Forecasting Managers to issues that require revenue management attention. The payment package detail and analytics prepared by the Rebate Associates is circulated for review and approval up through the highest levels of EMD Serono Management.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must master the understanding and utilization of the Model N Revenue Management System, a highly sophisticated, integrated system of managing contracts, processing payment packages, and producing reports for analytics and performance.
- Prepare internal rebate payment documentation packages, including original data submissions, IQVIA data validation and recalculation files, for approval and disbursement to applicable contracted entities. Must be attentive to detail when preparing payment packages and data/information for submission to signatory approvers and customer base. These packages include review of Market Share Benchmarks, NDC Unit Volumes, Competitive Data, Formulary Access and Administration Fees.
- Assist in answering inquiries from customers and field account managers regarding Market Access & Customer Solutions rebate payment details.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies and issues related to rebate contract calculations. Interface with IT on any Model N system issues.
- Responsible for maintaining contract membership/client lists received from contracted client base.
- Update Rebate Status Log, Data Received Log and calculations worksheets.
- Scan and copy rebate documents, maintain files and distribute rebate documentation to appropriate internal functions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable corporate and contractual procedures by performing due diligence and following SOP’s
- Be a power user in Model N, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Be viewed internally and externally as a reliable, efficient and effective operational team member by consistently delivering against defined KPIs in an accountable and collaborative manner
- Meet and exceed on time payments with a goal of 100% by quarter with no quarter less than 95%- develop high quality, accurate, consistent payment package detail
- Capture all Inputs and Outputs involved while making Rebate Payment (including informing stakeholders)
- Maintain detail notes of reworks including outstanding items, waiting for information/clearance
- Dispute resolution in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for example, questions on rebate payments
- Analyze payment variances and trends, to find outliers and research root causes for potential upstream errors or market activity
- Analyze customer performance against defined contract metrics; effectively communicating results to stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders to support the contract development process as needed
- Monitor and report customer compliance with all contractual terms and conditions
- Participate in internal and external audits, when required, in order to demonstrate compliance with policies, laws and regulations
- Effectively interact with various key internal and external stakeholders (Market Access, Sales, Marketing)
- Must be able to push, lift, pull up to 30 pounds
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or 4 years of work experience in accounting, finance, reimbursement or rebates.
- 2+ years of managed healthcare, accounting, or revenue management experience preferred
- Understanding and working knowledge of the healthcare, pharmaceutical, managed care, provider industry.
- Experience in Managed Care rebate payments, working with utilization data, understand and applying contractual terms a plus.
- Exceptional Team Player
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and respond to a high volume of work in a deadline intense environment
- Above average level of analytical skills
- Ability to work with sophisticated system applications
- Excel, Outlook, Word and other pharmaceutical/contract/rebate systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.