A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Entire R&D Japan/NEAH area
- Drive mid- to long term development strategy and business objectives in R&D J/NEA Hub in collaboration with all R&D functions and commercial/medical organizations in Japan, in alignment with the global Head of SBO.
- Foster RDC (R&D, Franchise and Commercial) collaboration and alignment in the company on development strategy and its implementation in Japan and North East Asia.
- Drive development activities through project managers, project teams, functional heads to deliver on R&D J/NEA Hub business objectives and key milestones and ensure that the magic triangle of R&D projects, cost-time-quality, is being met according to plans.
- Optimize and execute regional iMAP initiatives to support project teams and functions for efficient project planning and its execution according to plans.
- Ensure timely alignment on development strategy and - plans through efficiently managing the regional governance meeting “Japan/NEA Project Development Committee”.
- Implement global standards and coach/support R&D J/NEA Hub stakeholders in budget planning, plan/actual control, project management, RDC governance and continuous learning development (CLD).
- Drive operational excellence, e.g. based on LEAN methodology, to improve and optimize R&D processes in the regional R&D organization.
- Develop SBO team members in collaboration with the Deputy Head of SBO and ensure mid- to long range succession plans to provide a seamless transition to new leadership in SBO Japan.
- Master’s degree or above in natural sciences (e.g., Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Biology, Medical) with depth knowledge in pharmaceutical industry and processes of drug development areas
- PhD degree is preferable
- Project management certificate such as PMBOK is preferable
- More than 10 years’ experience in drug research and development experience with a pharmaceutical industry, a medical institution or a clinical research organization.
- More than 5 years’ project leader/manager experience
- More than 5 years’ people management experience
- More than 3 years’ experience in an international/multinational team
- More than 3 years’ cross-functional facilitation experience
- Experience for NDA submission and getting market authorization as a project leader
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of clinical development
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICH/GCP, MHLW regulatory requirements
- Experience in training (analysis, design, delivery, evaluation)
- Basic research experience for drug finding and/or profiling is preferable
- Portfolio management experience is preferable
- Project governance experience is preferable
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Understanding of business processes and requirements (e.g., GCP) in R&D Japan/NEAH
- Very Strong communication and presentation/writing capabilities in both Japanese and English
- Strong project management and process development skills
- Strong moderation/facilitation skills even for senior management group
- Common knowledge of any pharmaceutical, non-clinical, clinical development and medical fields
- Didactic and consultative skills
- Ability to establish win-win relationship with stakeholders
- Ability of logical thinking
- Strong capability to find issues/risks and to take or propose/suggest measures/risk managements
- Capability to clarify issue/problem and take measure to solve it
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com