A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We’re currently looking for talented scientists with sound experience in Machine Learning (ML) techniques to join our Innovation Digital Lab based at the EPFL campus, Lausanne, Switzerland.
There is an immediate opening for full-time, 1-year (with optional 2nd year) post-doctoral fellowship in the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Quantitative Pharmacology.
In this role, you will apply your practical experience in mining and analyzing various kind of data, your deep understanding of ML algorithms, and programming skills to solve challenging real-world problems at a large scale. You will explore how AI/ML/deep learning (DL) can be used to enhance model-informed drug discovery and development. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the analysis of translational, biomarker and clinical data, use of ML to improve patient selection, exposure predictions, and trial designs.
As highly motivated and intellectually curious scientist, you will work in a stimulating and engaging environment and have close interactions with cross-functional team experts in drug development.
Who you are:
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or similar, with demonstrated experience and sharp skills in AI/ML/DL domains.
- Proficiency in programming languages supporting ML, like Python, R and C/C++.
- Some industry experience would be an asset, particularly in Life Sciences or Biopharma R&D.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive and take ownership.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex problems.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com