Show All Results
Mechanical Engineering Manager
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Manager - Life Science APAC
Mechanical Engineering Manager is to lead all aspects of Engineering projects across the organizations to contribute in developing effective customer solutions. This includes managing the internal design teams, managing mechanical design for engineered systems for Biopharmaceutical Process Applications and allocation of works related roles. The role also involves leading the development of the Engineering Systems, including design management.
Lead and Coordinate Mechanical Design team: Manage design team on day-to-day basis, allocating work between the team accordingly; Ensure professional standards are maintained for all designs and design deliverables;
Lead work, Engineering systems and processes: Maintain and develop engineering and design procedures, Specify customer standards for technical training and competence, Develop and communicate best engineering practices for Bioprocess Applications
Engineering excellence: Provide support to Business Development and Proposals building team, Design FMEA studies
Key measures & targets: Timely, effective solutions to support direct end users and internal customers, Manage the design teams and design costs within budget, Delivery of technical solutions to internal and external opportunities
Key relationships: Instrumentation and Automation Engineering Team, Supplier Quality Assurance, Product Quality Control, Project Managers, Procurement Team, Manufacturing Team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Several Years (ideally 10 years +) of experience
- With Biopharmaceutical Industries, Food Industries or similar
- Ability to interact with senior management in matrix organization
- Business-fluent English skills, German skills preferred
Need to have both soft interpersonal and hard technical skills. The soft skills that manager need to have include communication, decision making, team building, and leadership abilities. The technical skills that manager need to have include knowledge of software design, development and testing.
- Strong in Mechanical Engineering Design concept.
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes.
- Hands on working knowledge of ProE , Creo 4.0 , Autodesk .
- Designing of pressure vessels, piping’s for Bioprocess applications .
- Good knowledge on welding for piping and pressure vessels as per ASME BPE guidelines.
- Knowledge of the selection of grades of stainless-steel materials for corrosion resistance or decontamination,
- Knowledge of Machining, Fabrication, Passivation & Electropolishing processes
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com