A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: This position will be the Finance Business Partner of the Global Neurology and Immunology franchise Vice Presidents (Rebif, MAVENCLAD and New Product Planning) and based in Rockland, MA, USA. Specific responsibilities include consolidating the global P&L, understanding and outlining the underlying business drivers and actively participating in shaping the future of the business. He or she will provide financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the team’s objectives and manage all areas of financial support, including but not limited to operational & strategic planning and business analysis. Further responsibilities include financial reporting, management of the operational & strategic planning process, cost management, business analysis and evaluation of business development opportunities.
- Owns, analyzes, and actively contributes to optimizing the global Neurology and Immunology P&L including Global Business Franchise cost management and tracking
- Prepares meaningful, timely reports and presentations for brand teams and senior management (for business reviews etc.), and ensures information is communicated clearly and effectively to all key stakeholders
- Interface to the commercial function as well as the key countries / regions
- Supports the development of the global brand strategy and marketing plans and monitors execution across regions / countries
- Pro-actively gathers and communicates relevant business information to key internal finance stakeholders such as Group Investor Relations and Corporate Finance
- Contributes to the yearly Strategic Development process from a finance stand-point and coordinates all activities with commercial leadership and other functions, especially Global Strategic Insights
- Manages the Operational Planning process
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in business or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral, negotiations
- 5 years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience or background in Investment Banking / Consulting / Venture Capital. Proficiency in SAP and ideally TM1.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and balance conflicting priorities, e.g. manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Understanding of global P&L management in all its components from Top to Bottom-Line
- Consistently demonstrates sound business judgment in decision making on matters of increasing complexity and in a dynamically changing market environment
- Excellent skills in MS Excel & PowerPoint required to effectively communicate business results and inform decisions on all management levels
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior members through robust analysis and reasoned solutions
- Masters Degree in Business Administration MBA or equivalent business degree
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / Life Science highly desirable
- Very strong analytical skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.