A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Digital-Sales Specialist- Digital Sales Account Manager
SAP Position Title: Expert
India – SBS
May 16, 2016
Inside Sales Manager
Position Reports to:
Team Leader/Inside Sales Manager
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Digital Sales for Applied Business of India and territory/customers assigned by India Applied Sales Head.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Digital/Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for achieving all sales/growth targets, in an assigned territory through proactive outbound contact and overall account/territory management.
**Territory will cover Applied Diagnostics and Testing accounts **
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proactively contact customers/accounts, identify customer needs, present value-oriented products/offers and subsequently generate a pipeline of short term and long-term opportunities that drive incremental growth.
- Uses tools such as gap analysis, product knowledge or industry related information to identify and prioritize prospects to contact and generate opportunities, build new relationships etc.
- Demonstrates effective account management and selling skills including relationship management, prospecting, pipeline management, negotiating and closing.
- Prepares and executes territory plans. Provides monthly updates detailing progress on the plan, justifies variances and indicates corrective action needed and/or taken.
- Partners with sales reps and specialists to serve customer needs.
- Utilize all internal resources and systems to provide quotations and/or negotiate long term pricing for continued and incremental growth of the territory.
- Participate in both product and sales training to further influence discussions with customers, maintain critical product and market knowledge and ultimately influence sales activities that drive incremental growth.
- Enters all pipeline activity and updates into the SFDC system, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management.
- Utilize digital tools to identify new opportunities and speed up the sales cycle.
- MSc. Life Science/Bio-Chemistry/Chemistry or related life science field or Business, or Marketing.
- Prior sales experience desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable creating and delivering presentations to colleagues and customers both in person or remotely by conference calls.
- Understanding customers, market needs, and competition in the life science research market.
- Driven, self-starter, entrepreneurial, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Accountable for results.
- Ability to work in team environment and partner with other sales reps for the good of the customer, the team and the company.
- Collaborative. Willing to engage cross-functionally to ensure customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence.
- Strong business ethics.
- Basic computer competency. Microsoft Excel, Office 365 and Outlook, SAP, and Salesforce CRM knowledge desired.
Technical Skills / Competencies:
Good knowledge of MS-Access, MS-Excel
Good knowledge of Life Science/Chemistry product data
Good knowledge of ERP (SAP, SFDC)
Expert in analyzing the data
- Good Communication skills in English
- Proficient Problem solving skills
Process Channel contact: Applied India Sales Team and Digital Sales
∙Demonstrates a minimal use of the competency and is currently
∙Requires close and extensive guidance
∙Demonstrates limited use of a competency and requires additional
training to apply without assistance or frequent supervision
∙Requires some guidance or supervision when applying the competency
∙Demonstrates working or functional command of the competency
∙Requires occasional guidance
∙Capable of assisting others in the application of the competency
∙Demonstrates in depth proficiency level
∙Is able to assist, consult or lead others in the application of a competency
∙Generally requires little or no guidance
∙Can apply competency outside the scope of one’s position
∙Demonstrates broad, in-depth proficiency
∙Is recognized as an authority or master performer in exercising the competency
∙Serves as a key resource and advises others
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com