A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Develop cell culture media for the emerging ‘clean meat’ field. Media development requires attention to detail while performing simple as well as complex cell culture experiments. In addition to meticulous lab technique, working in a new field such as Clean Meat requires flexibility, innovation and creativity.
This Senior Scientist will be responsible for leading, designing and executing media development projects for various Clean Meat Species. In addition to media development, this position will be responsible for developing cell culture and cell characterization protocols for new cell lines.
As this industry grows, MilliporeSigma’s commitment to this industry will evolve. Therefore, this position may need to relocate in 2 years to centralized R&D center.
- Design, set-up and execution of cell culture experiments
- Develop and establish cell culture protocols for cell expansion and differentiation
- Gathering, reviewing and presenting internally on science and direction of Clean Meat Industry from News and Literature
- Accurate record keeping and communication of results
- Develop media formulations that meet customer performance and quality requirements
Who You Are:
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or another Life Science discipline OR Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or another Life Science discipline with 5+ years of life sciences lab experience
- 5+ years of cell culture experience
- 1+ year of experience with flow cytometer
- Experience in Stem Cell culture highly preferred
- Experience with scientific writing including publications and/or SOPs
- Strong statistical analysis, problem solving and experimental design skills
- Experience with attached and suspension cell cultures
- Cell culture media development experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.