A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As the Senior/Communications Manager for the Life Science business in China, you will be shaping the communications direction, managing internal and external communications, and implementing effective initiatives to achieve campaign and organizational goals. Based in Shanghai, you will be reporting to the Head of Communications for Life Science, APAC.
- Develop and implement the China Life Science communications strategy and plan in line with regional and global strategies and priorities.
- Provide leadership communications and counsel in support of projects and campaigns in China.
- Develop brand and digital activations in support of overall communications plan.
- Support the implementation of external communications activities to build a strong brand and positioning of Life Science in China.
- Develop and deliver Life Science communication events/campaigns in China.
- Develop quality communication collateral.
- A brand custodian, your role is to ensure brand compliance according to corporate guidelines.
- Develop and execute internal communication activities in China.
- As a success story champion, you will lead and execute the production of success stories, digital and video messages.
- Content preparation and organization of internal events e.g. townhalls, staff gatherings, forums, web-based conferences.
- Ensure efficient, effective and ethical use and management of budget.
- Manage and run day-to-day communications activities to ensure operational excellence in delivery of communications service to all internal stakeholders in China.
- Coordinate global and regional projects as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience in communications or public relations, and working in a large and complex international organization.
- Minimally a Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing-related field.
- Media experience, both social and traditional.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and Chinese.
- Strategic brand and digital experience would be desirable.
- Strong awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues would be desirable.
- Strong planning/project management capability
- A collaborative, engaging, positive team player
- Client-, service- and solution-minded
- Resilient, proactive, creative, with high integrity
- A results-driven, 'can-do', self-starter personality
- Confident in consulting internal clients
- At ease to liaise at all hierarchical levels
- Able to deal with stakeholders decisively
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Committed to high quality work
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com