A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Senior Web Middleware Analysts
Job Location: Sigma Aldrich Corporation, 3050 Spruce Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63103
Send resumes to: Sigma Aldrich Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Req # 202298)
Employer: Sigma Aldrich Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
The Senior Web Middleware Analyst will be responsible for both existing legacy site and software application support. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide tier 1 level support for the production public websites and support back-end applications, meeting or exceeding our SLA requirements for site availability, response times to reported incidences, and participation in the on-call rotation;
- Provide tier 2 level support by managing deployments, upgrades, and scheduled maintenance work and coordinating with other infrastructure teams when necessary;
- Provide tier 3 level support by assisting development efforts, performing builds/deploys, and assisting with version control, and supporting QA testing;
- Diagnose and anticipate site issues, and provide solutions to prevent them while using diagnostic tools available and implementing new ones as necessary;
- Respond to the needs of the business unit, assisting them in evaluating our website's effectiveness at facilitating business and building customer relationships, and supporting their requests for changes and improvements;
- Develop robust, sustainable, and repeatable processes for achieving the above goals, creating effective documentation for the purpose of knowledge transfers and audits, and holding knowledge transfer working sessions with team members as necessary; and
- Develop the capabilities of the offshore team members in fulfilling the above goals, aiming to improve their confidence levels and problem resolution instincts/tactics.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field and five (5) years of progressively more responsible work experience in information technology (IT). In addition, the employer requires the candidate to have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-level java application server, including management and troubleshooting of applications such as WebSphere, TomCat, and WildFly gained through three (3) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the development lifecycle management process, from source code repositories to building and deploying applications across environments and tools used for DevOps activities and components such as Stash, Git, or Jenkins gained through two (2) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated ability using APM monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Wiley, Navios, or Tivoli for troubleshooting gained through two (2) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking firewall, load balancing, and DMZ configuration as it pertains to application and server connectivity, performance limitations, and application availability gained through two (2) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESB and broker management as it pertains to synchronous and asynchronous routing and mapping of messages across application layers gained through one (1) year of work experience; and
- Demonstrated ability managing content management systems (CMS) for data and content authoring, publishing, replication, and their place in the development or release lifecycle gained through one (1) year of work experience.
All years of work experience may be gained concurrently.
This position is eligible for the Sigma Aldrich Corporation Employee Referral Incentive Program.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.