A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In-Vivo Department is a team-based groups responsible for running various assays needed to start FDA and other similar regulations.
The Associate Scientist I will perform a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety. He/ she will make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/ industry standards. He/ she will maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- General PPE required along with respirator use
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc.) – OR – Associate degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc.) with 1+ years laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of a research laboratory.
- Animal technician experience.
- Limited experience in performing a variety of assays including, but not limited to dosing, bleeding, and cell collection.
- Limited ability to analyze data and interpret results.
- Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.