A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Biotools QA Manager, the Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the applicable quality group to deliver on achieving all key department metrics while also overseeing all Operational Quality Functions within the assigned area
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Supervision and talent development through training, coaching, and organizing and lead the assigned quality staff to achieve all required department targets.
- Develop quality staff to focus on compliance, issue prevention, root cause analysis problem solving (RCA), attention to detail and team working ethic between quality and other dept functions.
- Manage performance expectations and drive accountability across quality staff members.
- Responsible for all operational quality aspects associated with product manufacture and release within the assigned area.
- Responsible for the successful and qualification of process and raw material changes.
- Ensures key quality metrics ( CAPA management, Right First Time, Complaints, etc) are attained.
- Drive/support & implement continuous improvement projects with the operations team using Operational Excellence lean/six sigma tools.
- Ensures the pertinent corporate quality and regulatory standards are attained.
- Performs appropriate quality risk assessments and develop plans to deliver quality improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains strong communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Control the budget allocation to the area.
- Participates / supports the Internal and External Audit Programme.
- Level 8 in an appropriate science/engineering discipline and at least 5 years of relevant QA experience. Preferably in a regulated Medical Device or GMP manufacturing site.
- Strong people management experience with the ability to delegate tasks as required
- Ability to develop and implement quality improvement programs
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good leadership and planning skills.
- Technical ability and a good approach to problem-solving.
- Strong Statistical knowledge is desirable.
- Experience in use of Lean and 6 Sigma tools would be an advantage, GB certification an advantage
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!