A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Acoustics R&D, you will drive development of the acousto-fluidic platform technologies and processes by designing, modeling and analyzing acousto-fluidic cell processing platforms. You will experimentally validate new acousto-fluidic devices and systems and participate in process development, design of experiments, data analysis, post processing and presentation of data. The technologies comprise patented acousto-fluidic systems for cell processing such as labeled and label-free cell selection, concentration, washing and differentiation. The current focus of the technical team is the development of an acoustic affinity cell selection system. Acoustic radiation forces in conjunction with low Reynolds number flows are used to manipulate particles and cells in order to perform a specific cell processing step. The acoustic fields are typically generated by a piezoelectric transducer.
Who you are:
- MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Chemical, Biochemical or Bioprocess Engineering, or Physics, or similar degree
- Minimum of two (2) years in a leadership or supervisory role
- Strong knowledge in one of the following fields: physical acoustics, fluid dynamics, biomedical ultrasound, piezoelectricity, suspensions or emulsions, particle-laden flows or related field
- Experienced at rapid technology development
- Self-motivated with strong curiosity and driven to take on broader responsibilities around technology development
- Strong communication and teaming skills with potential to become a team leader
- PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Chemical, Biochemical or Bioprocess Engineering, or Physics, or similar degree
- Additional knowledge in one of the following areas is desirable: FEA, CFD
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.