A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Planning & Scheduling Specialist position is an entry – mid-level technical position within the supply chain function. This position manages and reviews manufacturing schedules and material requirements to ensure timely supply. This position is also expected to expedite and delay shipments to align with changes in manufacturing schedule. Participation in internal project meetings will also be expected on an as-needed basis.
Support cGMP manufacture
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies in order to reduce or eliminate those constraints (i.e. bulk size, availability, fill time, warehouse space).
- Maintain production schedule and provide input to support project delivery.
- Work closely with local purchasing and quality control to ensure material availability.
- Work closely with materials management to ensure materials are released and staged for production.
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives through testing new ideas or strategies (safety, service, throughput, adherence to schedules).
- Participate in project kick-off meetings and assist in project planning/scheduling.
- Assist, when necessary, in BOM/recipe creation/maintenance for production.
- Become efficient on current systems (SAP)
- Analyze planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to supply chain impact.
- Convert planned orders to process orders as necessary.
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data. Including, but not limited to: lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type.
- Develop SAP generated reports for various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Participate in the testing of system wide developments for planning module and act as a technical locale resource.
- Involvement with Process Improvement initiatives, as required.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, or Supply Chain Management or 1-3 years equivalent scheduling experience
- Certification from ASM or IBF a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Minimum 1-year planning/supply chain management or scheduling functions using an MRP and/or ERP systems
- Minimum 2 years experience analyzing data using SAP and Microsoft Office, preferred
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication
- Ability to follow ISO and cGMP standards
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the business
- High sense of urgency
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Good judgment and analytical skills are imperative
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.