Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Department: LS-OIY-M Maintenance
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
Support Sheboygan Falls Production, Laboratory, EHS, and Quality Operations. You will supervise 3 to 5 employees including site maintenance buyers and stockroom technicians.
Monitor and direct the activities of site equipment spares to ensure productivity, accuracy, service, and safety functions related to material orders, receipt, storage, kitting, releasing, and control. This involves training, mentoring, and motivating employees, collaborating with business partners and assigning tasks based on individual skill sets to maintain timely, accurate flow of work through the Maintenance Department to support site operations. Supervising also includes analysis of spares control work to establish benchmarks of performance, monitor trends, identify areas of concern and opportunities for improving systems and procedures.
- Ordering, Warehousing, Releasing, and Material Handling
- Supervision of spare parts, hardware, EH&S equipment, and tools associated with equipment operations
- Responsible for cycle counting and reporting for equipment spares
- Maintain appropriate min/max of each spare part.
- Support all critical products and processes with spare coverage.
- Maintain a timely accurate flow of spares through the entire site.
- Identify critical tasks and prioritize work.
- Distribute workload among available resources.
- Monitor throughput and reorganize priorities and resources as required.
- Coordinate the scheduling of vacation and personal days within the department.
- Maintain information regarding attendance, days off for employees and payroll department.
- Train, mentor and motivate employees.
- Discuss individual, department, site, and company goals and expectations with employees.
- Teach employees the purpose of systems and procedures and effects on other departments.
- Assist employees in establishing priorities and methods, and coordinating tasks to meet goals.
- Schedule cross-training to assist with employee development and facilitate delegation of tasks.
- Assist employees by suggesting new methods or procedures to facilitate work.
- Maintains a safe work environment ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Identify and pursue process improvements to improve inventory accuracy.
- Identify, interpret, and provide statistics useful for measuring accuracy and improvement.
- Understand and apply process improvement techniques.
- Test and implement new methods or procedures to correct and prevent inventory inaccuracy.
- Discuss ideas from employees, identify projects and pursue as appropriate.
- Measure and report results of process improvements.
- Establish benchmarks and evaluate employee performance.
- Observe employee performance and interactions with others and provide prompt feedback.
- Critically evaluate and communicate employee performance against expectations.
- Monitor and maintain departmental capacity plan.
- Develop performance improvement, cross-training and new employee orientation programs. Identify and encourage employees to participate on project teams when appropriate
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Determine and document departmental need for new employees.
- Screen candidates to match qualifications with needs.
- Conduct interviews, make hiring recommendations.
- Perform new employee orientation and coordinate training.
- Prepare new employee performance reviews and assist employee with goal setting.
•Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
•The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
•The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
•Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- 3+ years related inventory control and maintenance experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Stock room experience
- LEAN concepts including 6S
- Valid drivers license
- Demonstrated experience leading, training, and motivating people
- Experience leading LEAN improvement projects
- Ability to provide multi shift support for the site
- CMMS and SAP system knowledge, prints/assembly drawings
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Project management and strategic reporting experience
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.