A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is a leading North American biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The North American healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono’s commerical business has a deep expertise in neurology and immunology, fertility and endocrinology, oncology, immuno-oncology, immunology and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology, immunology and autoimmune disesase. EMD Serono is pursuing activities in selected indications for highly specialized therapeutic areas mainly treated by specialists. In addition to Phase I products focused on oncology, immuno-oncology and autoimmune disease, the pipeline includes products that benefit patients who suffer from the following cancers: ovarian, urothelial, head and neck tumors, hepatocellular, as well as multiple sclerosis, chronic plaque psoriasis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, systems lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis with interstitial lung disease, and osteoarthritis.
The Associate Director – FFE for Market Access & Customer Solutions (MACS) will develop training strategies and programs that support business objectives and strategic initiatives specific to Market Access and Account Management roles. Systematically architecting and creating a learning strategy to help ensure the building of specific employees’ skills, knowledge and behaviors. Design, develop, and deliver a forward-thinking strategy and the training programs necessary to enhance understanding of Market Access within the TA field forces, as well as develop specific training for MACS and AM roles to drive performance within the MACS field and HQ based teams. This includes a strong focus on Strategic Account Management skills, onboarding new hires, building a learning journey for each MACS role, utilization of a train-the-trainer model, and understanding and responding to timely and effective updates around landscape and environmental changes. This role requires a high level of collaboration with MACS leadership and MACS teams (field and HQ), the TA Leadership team, the Sr Director of FFE, as well as HR, Business Excellence, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory.
The individual will report to the Sr. Director of US Field Force Effectiveness.
- Collaborates with FFE and MACS leadership team to establish a strategic vision and proactive approach to building high-impact training programs that align to strategic business imperatives for the TA Field Forces, as well as the MACS field and HQ teams.
- Works closely with internal and external development experts to ensure implementation of optimal Market Access training programs for the TA Field Forces, as well as the MACS field team. Plans, designs, develops, and implements training programs and content to support Market Access and Account Management skills and improve performance behaviors. Possesses a deep and thorough knowledge of the needs of the MACS field teams.
- Defines the most effective learning mix (i.e. instructor-led, eLearning, blended learning, social learning) for the agreed target audience, applying the 70/20/10 principles and effective instructional design with each learning project/ program.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current training programs and provide strategic direction for the planning, design, development, and implementation of training modules, materials, and programs for ongoing learning.
- Builds and sustains relationships with Key Stakeholders to effectively administer programs, resolve issues, and support ongoing program improvements through traditional as well as blended learning.
- Drives a learning culture by leveraging multiple avenues, such as forums (i.e., performance consulting) and learning effectiveness with success and impact measured by surveys, assessments and business results.
- Selects and manages vendor and consultant services as needed to augment program initiatives.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years of Market Access/ Managed Markets/ Account Management experience in healthcare industry required.
- 8-10 years of experience in training/ learning & development preferred.
- Instructional Design experience preferred.
- Ability to manage without formal influence or authority.
- Understanding of the US biotech specialty space and with demonstrated ability to learn and master diverse therapeutic areas and complex business environments
- Experience in multiple specialty disease areas is a plus
- Exceptional business acumen, deep customer insights and grasp of complex analytics required
- Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Ability to demonstrative creative and innovative strategies
- Proven success record for driving strong results as an influential leader who obtains results through positive actions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.