A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As the Medical Director, UK and Ireland you provide leadership, both strategic and operational, to the medical department members and the wider cross functional business to elevate the image of the company to one of a specialty innovator pharmaceutical company and a scientific partner of choice.
Key accountabilities include:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction for the medical department and fostering a high-performance culture
- Ensuring all governance activities are in line with local law & regulations, and the company’s guidelines and policies
- Maintaining and fostering a culture of high scientific standards for our interactions with all stakeholders
- Increasing the company’s scientific footprint across the UK and Ireland through facilitating company sponsored studies, ISTs/ISSs and local studies as appropriate.
- Developing an environment where the UK and Ireland are seen as attractive place to conduct studies through close collaboration between medical affairs, RCO and R&D both at a local, regional and global level
- Maintain budget overview and ensure all budgets are actively and appropriately managed
- Regularly coach/mentor all direct reports to effectively develop performance
- Manage and maintain positive relationship with external stakeholders including key opinion leaders, regulatory bodies, industry associations, health authorities, funding bodies (NICE, SMC, AWMSG, NCPE, NHSE) patient group associations, etc.
- Serve as integral member of the leadership team representing the medical department, and providing leadership and input for the overall business contributing to the various business unit and departmental discussions and decisions
- Maintain overview to ensure the highest level of compliance is maintained across the business
- Ensure timely dissemination of information to medical and cross-functional teams
- Interact with experts in the field to obtain feedback on products and advice regarding further development
- Participate in conferences and scientific meetings to maintain awareness of research in the field
- Ensure timely closure of all relevant CAPAs
- Chair of the Local Quality and Safety Team (LQST)
Who You Are:
- Medical Doctor (preferred) or PhD
- 10+ years in the pharmaceutical industry experience in a multinational R&D-based pharma company
- 5+ years of leadership experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- A strong commitment to excellence and compliance
- Knowledge of regulatory, commercial compliance and clinical issues affecting industry
- Knowledge of methodology of Clinical Research and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following areas preferable: Oncology or Neurology
- Strong line management experience with strong examples of coaching, mentoring and leading
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com