A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Project Manager – Biologics will report into the Head of Operations Biologics Midwest in the Biologics Operations Cluster. The Project Manager is responsible for project management of assigned Biologics Midwest projects, and projects meet timelines and all specifications of the project are fulfilled. This includes engaging and working closely with stakeholders across the business including local, regional, and global colleagues as well potential to interact with external business partners and stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field. Requires 3+ year(s) previous experience within marketing, sales, technical service, procurement, biology / biochemistry / cell culture, or some combination thereof.
- In addition to above, previous experience within Operations – Manufacturing, Procurement or other is highly preferred. Leadership experience leading people, teams, or projects preferred
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a given time frame Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under multiple scientific disciplines, develop and present project proposals clearly in a well-organized manner, both orally and in writing High level of attention to detail is required – ability to complete project tasks with accuracy and consistency.
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills on own, with limited guidance from supervisor Demonstrated experience with Oracle and SAP ERP systems. Demonstrated experience with Business Objects and Business Warehouse or other like business supporting systems. Proficiency in MS Office tools to include: Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio etc..
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (verbal, written, listening) – ability to work with internal teams with a culture of trust and business driven innovation.
- Ability to work with geographically remote teams and/or projects. Self motivated to work independently and/or as part of a team. Leadership experience leading people, teams, or projects preferred Project Management skills – PMP desired but not required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.