A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position – Team Lead for LSC Product Management Support (Biochemicals)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Team Lead – LSC Product Management Support will support the Biochemicals product management team under the Lab & Specialty Chemicals (LSC) franchise in managing specific product lines. The team lead will be responsible for managing the LSC Product Management Support team and finding new opportunities that can add value for the team as well as the business.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The FTE will have a solid understanding of the life science market and related technologies in order to support the product portfolio through tactical marketing activities such as content curation, out-bound marketing, product ideation and competitor analysis to facilitate customer acquisition, conversion and improving awareness of Biochemicals portfolio on Sigmaaldrich.com. The FTE will also be responsible for managing the Product Management Support team for LSC, create and maintain dashboards, track the capacity utilization of the team and ensure all the processes are documented as per ISO guidelines.
- Master's degree/PhD. in Biochemistry/any biological fields with 5-7 years of experience in content development, web analytics, product ideation, competitor analysis and team management
The team lead will be responsible for:
1. Digital Demand Generation & Analytics
- Developing scientific content for Biochemicals product detail pages (PDPs).
- Authoring technical articles, product manuals, selection guides and protocols.
- Liaising with the Digital Marketing team to develop search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) strategies for the portfolio, analyzing and bridging web data gaps to continually improve product visibility, conversion and overall sales.
2. Liaising with the Product Managers
- Evaluating new product ideas, trends and market recommendations through criteria such as innovation, product utility, publication frequency, vendor availability, and competitive landscape.
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing relevant competitor product information across various geographies as per product managers’ (PM) requirements.
- Provide support on special/ad-hoc projects such as market analysis, product gap analysis, product rationalization, vendor profiling, competitor cross-referencing, KOL identification, innovation road-mapping, etc. based on the product managers’ requirements
3. Team Management & other Organizational Initiatives
- Guide and mentor team members and ensure smooth functioning of the team. Contribute towards improving the employee engagement score. Focus on employee retention. Ensure effective capacity utilization of the team.
- Be part of organizational projects for continual improvement. Ensure the processes are aligned to ISO guidelines. Encourage and drive Kaizen projects within the team to gain process efficiency.
- Business Development: Explore opportunities for expanding the business and supporting other franchises under various business segments. Document the progress using KAM document.
- The candidate should have 5-7 years of work experience in Life Science or in related industry.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental concepts in Biochemistry is required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in scientific content writing, marketing, R&D, Technical Support or some combination thereof is preferred
- Understanding of key competitors within the Biochemicals sector in the life science market
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO) and google analytics is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market data to gather actionable insights
- Minimum 2 years of experience in people management
- Ability to conduct extensive scientific literature searches and identify important product/research ideas with minimum guidance; ability to identify important sources of new trends in product portfolios of Biochemistry such as Buffers, Detergents, Agar & Agarose, Amino acids, Natural products, Lipids, Carbohydrates, Metabolomics, etc.
- Advanced ability to use appropriate keywords to acquire relevant search results with no guidance; understand the trending research areas from sources like Google Scholar, high-tier journals and NCBI with minimum guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to resolve challenges faced with external and internal customers.
- Understanding of Web analytics (specifically Google Analytics) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) good practices.
- Good proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Proficient in interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in problem solving, planning and execution, business acumen and customer orientation
- Skilled in high impact communication
- Expertise in nurturing high performance teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com